We’re proud to announce that our Founding Partner, Cyrus Mavalwala, ABC, MC, has been awarded the prestigious IABC Master Communicator (MC) designation. The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Canada Master Communicator designation (MC) is a lifetime achievement designation and the highest honour IABC Canada can bestow on an individual member.
Master Communicator Selection Criteria
The IABC Canada website states:
“Extensive documentation is required to demonstrate that the nominee has the qualifications to be named a Master Communicator. The standard is very high. A successful nomination tells the story of a communicator who has demonstrated excellence in his or her professional work, outstanding service to and leadership in IABC, contribution to and long-term support for the communication profession, and thought leadership.”
The MC nomination process includes the Selection Committee evaluating several criteria including:
• Contribution to the organizational communication field and profession and evidence of commitment to professionalism.
• Communication career achievement with a focus on demonstrable business results.
• Authorship, speaking and lecturing that demonstrate sustained leadership in one or more areas of expertise.
• Contributions to IABC at the local, regional and international levels.
• Other professional recognition, awards and other business-related activities.
IABC Master Communicator History
A little history on the Master Communicator designation. IABC Canada awarded the first Master Communicator in 1980. Looking back, in some years no one received this celebrated designation, while in other years multiple communicators were awarded the Master Communicator title. A big congratulations to both Sue Heuman, ABC, MC and Judith Sparkes, ABC, MC who also just received the Master Communicator designation. As of 2018, we’re proud to say that Cyrus is in a rare class of under 60 communication professionals across Canada who have received the prestigious IABC Master Communicator designation.
If you’d like a seasoned team, including a Master Communicator, working for you, please do get in touch with us!